If you’re just starting your financial journey, you want a checking account that has lots of options without a lot of fees or hassle.
We have it at HOPE!
HOPE Student Checking¹ is designed with your needs in mind. It’s a free account that offers fantastic features like mobile banking,money management tools, and protection from overdrafts.
This is a great choice for people who are 18-25 years old at account opening and want to establish their own banking history without a parent or guardian.² It also does not require an extensive credit history.
HOPE’s Student Checking Is Affordable and Convenient
- No Minimum Balance Requirement
- No Monthly Service Fee
- Unlimited Number of Check Transactions (with 100 Free Checks at Account Opening)
- Free HOPEAnytime Debit Card
- Free HOPENet Online, Mobile and iPad Banking Services³
(All with Remote Check Deposit6)
- Free Online BillPay to Pay Businesses or Friends
- Free ATM Withdrawals at any HOPE ATM and Participating CO-OP and CU24 ATMs4
- Automatic ATM Fee Refunds of up to $5.00 per Month for the First 12 Calendar Months After Account Opening
- Free E-Statements5
- Overdraft Transfers – Money can be moved from a linked savings account to cover overdrafts for a $1.00 fee.
- Free Deposits and Withdrawals at More Than 5,300 Shared Branching Locations Nationwide6
You can also manage your funds with greater ease and confidence using our HOPE Smart Money Personal Financial Manager.
Apply for HOPE Student Checking online or stop by your nearest branch to open an account.
1A Student ID is not required to open this account.
2Student checking accounts for members in good standing will be converted to another type of HOPE checking account the month following their 26th birthday. HOPE will convert the student checking account to the type of checking account that is most advantageous to the member based on their qualifications. The new account may charge a monthly service fee and/or have different minimum balance requirements to avoid the fee.
3Wireless carrier message and data fees may apply.
4Non-HOPE ATMs may charge fees.
5Accounts that do not register for e-statements in the first 60 days of account
opening will be assessed a $2.00 monthly paper statement fee until the account is registered for e-statements.
6Remote check deposit and shared branching services are available 60 days after the account is opened.